I graduated from radiation today. Yea! In fact, they even gave me a little certificate they made and each staff member signed it. It was very cute, and they were all very nice. And I did get released from the wound surgeon today too. I now just have bandaids covering the wound, and I can even get it wet. So tomorrow, I will be showering till the hot water runs out or till my leg gives out which ever comes first. My money is on the leg.
I am still having a lot of pain and discomfort in the tumor area, so yesterday they bumped up my 12 hour pain meds. I think that has done the trick. I did not really need supplement pain meds for a much longer period of time, and it was only after I was up a good bit today. It seemed like today that just standing hurts a lot worse than walking. I have not done adequate testing to prove that yet, but when it cools down tomorrow evening, I may try to go for a short walk and see how I do. It would be great if I could walk a little and build a little stamina. If only it were not so hot outside!
There are lots of great smells coming from my kitchen. I am not sure what she's cooking, but Jill has been downstairs for hours, and something smells really good. In fact, I fell asleep watching a cooking show and when I woke up I thought I was smelling what they were cooking on TV. OK - so the pain medicine is working overtime!
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Congratulations Geri!
Completion of radiation and especially completion on time is awesome!
You and Bob are a bigger inspiration than you could ever imagine!
Keep on keeping on as you round the next steps!
Thinking of you!
Dawn
Geri,
Congratulations on completing radiation!! I'll be thinking of you on Friday. Praying for the best possible news!!!
Love, Kitty
Congrats! How was the shower and what did little Syd cook for supper? Be sure to post after tomorrow's appointment!!! When this is all over and you are a.o.k. you will still have to blog and let us know ALL that you are doing! Your blog is part of my morning routine...and you are always in my thoughts and prayers - coming to the beach anytime soon? Love, Jamie
Hooray! Even your blog seems lighter! I bet you've no idea just how large your cheering squad is...there are thousands of us!
A surprise is on the way...! Cheers! Hugs, imo
Geri: Just one question: Does your graduation from radiation certificate glow in the dark? Love, Angela
Post a Comment