I have not updated in a while, and as usual, that is good news. I am feeling pretty good and working on getting my stamina back. But mainly, I am just working and watching a little tennis and football. Until this week, we have had wet weather and I have used that as an excuse to not go for a walk. No excuses now because it is just beautiful here, and I really need to get my energy level up so I can get back on the tennis court.
My chest CT date changed to Dec 8, and I have my leg MRI on Dec 11. I am really busy at work so hopefully I will not have time to worry about the scans for a while! Bob leaves for England on Dec 13, and I will leave to meet him there for Christmas Dec 21. My new nephew should arrive a couple of weeks before I leave, and I cannot wait to meet him!
Bob is in the process of remodeling our guest bathroom. It is going to be very pretty, and I am very excited. You cannot imagine how much a mess one small room can make. He's promised to have it finished by Thanksgiving, and he is making good progress. In the meantime, there seems to be a fine layer dust in every room in the house, and we have tools, fixtures, and "things" all over the house and that just drives me crazy! I am really ready for this project to be done!
I am still going to my Sarcoma support group each month and enjoying that very much. Until today, I was also on this Sarcoma "list serve" thing from ACOR (American Cancer thing). Mainly information about Sarcoma is funnelled through there and others with Sarcoma email back and forth. Everyone is very helpful, and you can learn about clinical trials, new technology, communicate with people who have your same illness or are sarcoma caregivers, and know what your are going through. There were a few people I emailed "off line" for a while, where our emails were just sent to each other and not to the whole group. Unfortunately, many of these folks are very, very sick. It is always great to read when someone had good scans and is having a good day. There are a lot more emails about really bad days or from caregivers telling us their loved one is in hopsice or has passed away. There are many sad stories, and the ones about children with Sarcoma are especially heartbreaking. Today, I realized this was hurting me too much, and I am not helping anyone at all. It is very painful and scary reading about the state the patients are in. I do my best to send them all my best wishes and prayers and be supportive, but, I need to leave the group for a while. It is so depressing and frightening. I "signed off" the list tonight so I will no longer see the emails each day. I feel guilty for leaving, but it is something I have to do right now for me. I am sure at some point I will sign back on, but I am just not able to do it right now.
Otherwise, life is good, and we are enjoying every minute. I am so lucky to be feeling good and am able to work and spend time with family and friends. Nothing makes me happier!
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's great that things are getting 'back to normal' now. Under a layer of dust is pretty much how I spent my childhood so I now how frustrating it can be, but just think how nice the bathroom will look once it's all finished. I hope you continue to feel better every day. You'll soon be back on those tennis courts!
Take Care,
Rebecca xx
Geri,
It is great to here that you are do so well.
I hope to see you back at tennis soon.
Sara and Peter
I am glad you are feeling better! I will have my fingers and toes crossed and will send you goods thougts on your test days. I know how stressfull it is. Will you be going to Wednesday?
Shay Hamer
Post a Comment