I thought I had blogged last night, but either I forgot to save it or the anti-anxiety medicine made me a little loopier than I thought. The procedure went fine and really did not hurt. They deadened the area and with a needle and tube drained out over a liter of fluid which was close to 2 lbs. I actually lost 3 lbs yesterday, most of it lung fluid I have been carrying around for a while. I think my back and chest do feel better, but and I am tired and my breathlessness seems worse. I could breath a little deeper without pain before, and if I hiccup or belch it hurts. We believe the procedure just probably irrated everything. If I still have problems tomorrow I will give the doc a call. At this point, I am just thrilled there were no tumors to be seen. I will have scans in the same areas on Dec 1, and MRI on my leg Dec 11.
Yesterday the whole process seemed to take forever. They took an xray about 20 minutes after they drained my lung. Then I had to wait 2 hours so they could xray again. I assume they were waiting to see if the lung filled back up again. Both xrays looked identical so that was good news, and they let me go home. We were there from 845 till about 230 and were there even longer the day before. But it is over now, and I hope this will help me heal faster!
Hopefully, we will head over to England for Christmas my scans, with Bob probably going a week or so earlier. Michael and Michelle are having a baby boy no later than Dec 10, and I am not going to miss that. I don't get the chance to be an aunt again every day! I will fly over a few days before Christmas.
I will check in with you in a few days and let you know how this lung thing is doing. I am ready for it to be over so I can start playing tennis before it gets too cold!
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Geri: Being at the hospital is absolutely NO FUN. I hope this is the last time you'll have to do this for awhile. I know you'll enjoy the new baby and England for Christmas, as well; so, there are many good memories to be made ahead. Love to Bob,too. Angela
Hopefully on the right track now.
Rochelle
Post a Comment