Sunday, September 20, 2009

A good week

I just wanted to let you know I made it though my first week back at work okay. I had a few long days, but managed to hold up pretty well and am very glad to be back. I did have a pretty lazy weekend and got a good bit of rest, so I should be ready to go Monday morning. I am trying to not overdue it, which I have a bad habit of doing. I won't travel out of town overnight until next week, so I mainly will have local or day trips which is not too bad. Fortuantely, my car seats are pretty comfortable so driving is usually not too much of a problem for me.

I have scans next Tuesday, Sept 29. They will do a CT on my chest, abdomin and pelvic areas, with contrast, so I have to drink something next Monday night and again on Tuesday morning before the scan. I don't recall doing that before. Also, the CT's I have had in the last couple of years they just looked at my chest, and not pelvic and abdomin. I am not sure what that is all about, but am assuming they just want to be thorough, and I am all for that! I will get a preliminary report from Dr. D'Amato shortly after the scans Tuesday afternoon, and a more in depth report a few days later from radiology. If all is well, I think we will start looking at airline schedules to make plans to go to England for Christmas. I will have two more scans (MRI on leg Dec 11 and CT's again in late November) before our trip, but we really cannot wait till after those to get plane tickets.
Keep your fingers crossed for a good report next week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geri: I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and praying for a good report! Love, Angela

Anonymous said...

Whoops, I read your blog incorrctly. I'll pray on the 29th as well! Love, Angela

Anonymous said...

Geri,

I guess those scans are a Post Birthday celebration.

I have not forgotten your birthday. I know it is coming up.

I read your blob and think of you often. I am glad all is going well

I am still in my same job and working on an Import Broker's license. Peter and Vanessa are doing well.

I hope you are back to tennis and killing them at the net.

Sara

Anonymous said...

You'd better pace yourself so you can celebrate your Birthday! Think of you everyday, you/we have a lot to celebrate! Miss you, love you, Jamie

Anonymous said...

Hello Gerri...sending positive thoughts your way. This is Mario. I always thought it was chest, abdomen and pelvis...I am amazed they didnt do that before
M