Sunday, May 18, 2008

A nice time

First of all, there is good news for Carol Lynn. Her cancer was contained in a small area and DocO was able to get it all out and have good, clear wide margins. They do not think she will need further treatment, and she has decided to get a 2nd opinion at MD Anderson in Texas. I am not sure what that involves, but it starts with a email with and a lot of information. I don't know if they just review the medical, scans and tests, or if you actually go there. I am on her email list so I should be kept up to date. I hope I never need that information, but it is good to know just in case.

We had my "Department of Transportation" over for dinner last night. There were 13 of us altogether, and it was really nice to get them all over here. Of course, there was way too much food, so Bob and I will be eating it for weeks. Fortunately, it was really good (I can say that since I did not cook it) so we won't mind. I get out of fixing dinner for a couple of nights anyway.

Bob worked himself to death before the party. I had a list of things I wanted him to do and some of them were not small tasks -- like pressure washing and painting the front porch. I gave him the list and promptly left town for work for a couple of days. He was so good --even though he was still working the list Saturday afternoon just a few hours before the party started, he finished it and then some. I came home on Wednesday to find him painting our den. That had not been on the list all -- nor had we ever discussed a color. My women blog readers understand how this could have been a major issue had the color been all wrong. I am very appreciative of the effort and very lucky (or he is) that I liked the color! He could have been painting it twice! He does not quite get what a big deal this could have been! Having a party was a good way to get some things off our "to do" list. We need to have another one next week in our basement, garage, office etc.

We've been pretty lazy today which is perfect for a Sunday. Have a nice day!

No comments: