I ended the Friday beat but so excited. It has been great getting out to see so many of my agents. I still have tons to see, and am trying to get them schedule, have physical therapy, attend some classes I need and get business rolling again. I am finally rounding a corner and am getting my business back on track. I just need to organize my travel schedule a little better. I am out two nights this week - Vidalia and Warner Robbins and they will be good trips I think
I had a little scare this week but all is ok. They keep calling me back to re-do my mammogram and finally after 3 sets of film they did an ultrasound. After 2 hours of making myself nuts, they determined I had a cyst, probably caused by hormones and and there was nothing to worry about. I am still in the frame of mind that if I have a split end I am afraid it is cancer. I have to get past this or I will make myself nuts.
By the same token, I need to stop doing stupid things. After physical therapy on Saturday. I was feeling really good. Some friends were playing tennis and I asked them to let me serve a couple. I got the first one in no trouble -- hit another 2 into the next and got the last one in. I decided to run up and hit the last return of serve back to me, a rather short ball. Big mistake! First of all I did not have on proper tennis shows, but slip on walking shoes. I came flying out the them and landing on my left hand and left. A few bruises and maybe a strained/stunned thumb and jammed arm. I scared my tennis friends half to death, and am still pretty sore. My fingers more so I don't think I broke anything and it does get better every day, so I do not think I broke anything. So it was just stupid...but it was fun. I am so glad to know I can still serve.
We went out to a movie with Debbie and Joe Saturday night (The Savages) and cousins Lorraine and Bert came in from Memphis for the day on Sunday. It was a great visit -- just too short. But I got no chores or work done and it can just wait. I leave for Dublin (GA not Ireland), Vidalia, Sylvannia, Warner Robbins, Fort Valley and Macon for the next few days. I can ususally get caught up on paperwork, bill paying etc when I travel so that will be good. Things get more normal every day.
The only thing is I still have a sinking spell mid day for about 20 minutes and am wiped out at the end of the day. After a little rest I do bounce back and I am good for a couple of hours. Sometimes I get my engine too "revved up" and I can't sleep, so I am trying to do more tedious stuff late a night.
Thanks for staying in touch! More in a week or so. Yea -- no more scans till April-- unless I discover I really did break my arm!
Monday, February 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey crazy woman! I hope your arm, hands and fingers have recouperated by now. I know you can't stand the thought of taking more time off from tennis, but FORCE yourself. I promise the tennis courts are not going anywhere! Let's walk this weekend...
Gloria
Geri,
I think you should just rename that midday "sinking spell" a siesta. That works in many parts of the world, so why not Georgia?!
So great to hear of your spirited jaunts. See you again soon. We've got to get Jacob and Sam back to their birth city and see you while we are there!
Cheers,
Kellie
Post a Comment